Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 6- Bruce Beach

We headed off to Franz Josef today. It was a four hour drive with a bunch of stops on the way there, so it turned out to be six and a half hours. Our first stop was for lunch in this deserted town. Lunch was pretty good, the mini egg rolls were my favorite. Then after lunch we got back on the road again. We made a couple more stops, which were places where we got to stretch and take pics. But we had a major problem, we had these little bity bugs attacking us called Sand Flies. They weren't so fun. Luckily I only got bit once, right behind my ear. It still itches like crazy though. Our last stop of the day was at this gorgeous beach. You could just an on going view of the ocean, which was amazing. But the really cool part about it was this rock pile that had a bunch of white rocks in it, and you could write things in black marker on top of the rocks. It was so cool. I signed that we all did, and then I also made my own to out in the pile. People from all around the world had rocks in the pile, and I think that's pretty amazing. Then we found this dead shark on the sea shore that I got to take a picture of since my assignment is animal portraits, I got a lot of good shots. After the ocean, we finally made it to Franz Josef, home of the glacier. Tomorrow we will be hiking on the glacier, which I'm pretty scared of, but still excited to go on. So I will let everyone know how it goes tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment