Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 4-Off to Wanaka

Today was probably one of the best days, it's second to Milford Sounds. We got to go out into Queenstown to explore and shop for gifts. We split up into groups and got to go off by ourselves, which was good because we all got to experience new things, and take different pictures around town. I also got to talk to this guy that was from Hong Kong. He has only lived in New Zealand for two years, but he loves it here because of how gorgeous it is. Then we went inside this Rugby store, because New Zealand is really into Rugby. One of the workers inside the store was talking to us about the World Cup and just informing us about Rugby.  I also learned that they do the Haka in New Zealand Rugby, so I guess that's where Trinity got it from....>:(. But I will have to see for myself if it's exactly the same, hopefully not haha. After we finished up our shopping in Queenstown, we headed off to Wanaka. It's a really small town in New Zealand. When we first got here we got to see a little bit of Rugby practice that some High Schoolers were playing. That night we ate Indian food....it was very interesting, especially since we weren't in India. The bread they had was really good, and I got this really mild chicken that was okay. I'm glad I finally tried Indian food, but I don't think it will ever be one of my favorites. Overall it was a really great day here in New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment