Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 1- Milford Sounds

6/11/11
 So today was amazing. We went down to this place called Real Journeys, where we took a boat ride for two hours. We saw so many cool things like mountains, dolphins, seals, and waterfalls. I got a lot of cool pictures. Even though we were freezing cold, and stumbled around on the boat to get the perfect shot, it was still an amazing experience, and a really awesome way to start off the trip. My favorite part was the dolphins by far. They are such cool animals, and I got a couple good shots of them as well.  
After our boat ride, we got back on the bus, and on the way back to our lodge we made a couple stops and got to walk around Chasm Rainforest. It was my first time in a rainforest, and it was really cool to see all of the different things that it has. 
Later that night we went out at this Pizza place, that had some really good food. I'm really loving all of the native people, and their accents. It would be so cool if I could have their accent, we'll see if I have one by the end of the trip! Some things the Kiwi's say a lot is "No worries" and "For yourself?" which means no problem and for you? 
So yeah, I'm loving this trip already, can't wait to see more :)


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time. The scenery is so beautiful!! We miss you, and Mando says hello. :)

    ReplyDelete