Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 5-Puzzling World

Today was our first and only day in Wanaka. Before anything we got up nice and early to go take pictures of the sun rising. I got some nice shots, but I was freezing the whole time. I had to de-thaw for like two hours becasue my body was so frozen. Then we got to go to this place called Puzzling World, which was pretty awesome. That morning we found two cats wondering outside of the place that we were staying at. They were the sweetest cats, one of them would follow you wherever you would go. They made me think of Mandy, but I like having them there to comfort me because I love cats and I haven't seen them in a while, so it was a really nice visit that I spent with them :) They had this really cool maze, but my group didn't succeed at this part very well, even when we tried to cheat...haha. Inside of Puzzling World there was a lot of cool stuff like a sideways room that was really hard to walk in. Then there was this other room that half of it was really tall, and the other half was really short, so if two people went in to take a picture, on e would look like a giant, and the other would look like a midget. It was hilarious. After Puzzling World, we drove up to this place where we would hike the Mountain. I had no idea how bad this hike would be, but it was extremely difficult. Makenna, Kelsey, and me were definitely the weakest links. But once we finally got to the top, it was an amazing view, just breathtaking. We got to just sit there quietly for like 15 minutes to take it all in, and it was just so peaceful out there, I loved it. Walking back down the Mountain was a peace of cake. After our hike we went back home and made sandwiches for lunch, and then we all went and washed our clothes finally. Later that night we did this thing called light painting that is so awesome, I don't even know how to explain how cool it is. But we had to go to bed quickly after that. All in all it was a peaceful day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update sweetie. I check everyday to see what new blogs are out there from your group. It has been so helpful to know what's going on with you guys. It is also so great to hear that you are having such a great adventure. I love and miss you so much!!

    ReplyDelete